Blonde Jeans is a fun, not-too-technical trail with a lot of intersections—some of which are easy to ride right past. You will want to keep an eye on your cyclometer mileage and keep these directions with you the first few times you ride this. Blonde Jeans is the preferred way to get from Cedar Grove (via Cedar Connector) back to Moscow Mtn Rd near the top of Nemesis.
From Cedar Grove, ride down Cedar Connector for 0.4 miles. The road will fork, with a steep climb 90° to the left, and a rocky descent slightly to the right. The climb to the left is Blonde Jeans (see image) and the descent to the right is Fruitcake. Reset your mileage to zero to use the following directions.
- Begin by heading uphill to the left.
- At 0.3 mi you will reach an intersection. Turn right at the fork, even though the fork to the left looks more established (see image).
- At 0.5 mi you will have just finished a short gradual descent. Look for a path coming sharply from your left (see image). Take the path to the left.
- At 0.75 mi the forest canopy opens up. Stay to the right in a large arc that will turn about 120°. Enjoy the shallow water crossing, which usually runs year-round (see image).
- At 0.83 mi there is another fork. Turn uphill to the left (see image). The trail starts to get a little wider from here onward.
- At 0.95 mi you may notice a smaller trail from the left merging with the trail/road you are on. Continue straight/right.
- By 1.15 mi the trail is definitely a wide logging road. Stay on this road until 1.65 mi where it intersects Moscow Mtn Rd. Look for the very old, small cabin on the right.
- At 1.65 mi you will reach Moscow Mtn Rd just above the top of Nemesis.
Where to go from here?
From here, if you head west on Moscow Mtn Rd, you will see a trail to the left at ~0.1 mi that climbs around a turkey filter. This has a beautiful view from a rock perch. It's a great place to stop and grab a snack.
At 0.15 mi past the end of Blonde Jeans, there is a parking area and a flat road to the left (also with some turkey filters). Nemesis begins down this road, immediately after the turkey filters on the right. Continue down this road for another 0.2 miles where you will see a steep drop to the right. Just prior to this drop, you will find the top of LaFortunes Flight on your right. This trail will take you past another great rock viewpoint (often referred to as the "climbing rocks").
This trail is located on private land and was built by MAMBA with the consent of private landowners for the enjoyment of ALL non-motorized traffic. Please be considerate of the landowners and users of the trail by treading lightly. More on Trail Etiquette...